Applying for Student Employment Positions
1st Step – Eligibility - Check with Financial Aid to see if you are eligible for a work study position
2nd Step - Apply - Go to the Student Employment page of the Wells College Website. Apply for as many positions as you wish! This will help increase your chances of getting a job.
If you have worked on campus before:
- Click on Returning Students Apply Here link which will take you to ADP.
- Sign in using your ADP login information from last year.
- If you want to see all positions available, once in the ADP system, click on the tab at the top that says MYSELF. Then select TALENT. Then select CAREER CENTER.
- *If you have forgotten your password, select forgot password. After three incorrect tries you will be locked out. Only David Salico in the business office can reset your password. E-mail email@example.com if you get locked out.
If you have NOT worked on campus before:
- Click on the New Students Apply here link (even if you are not a new Wells student) which will take you to ADP, the College's employee and recruitment portal.
- You will create a new account (make sure to write down your username and password in a secure place) and follow the onscreen directions.
3rd Step - Interview Process - Once you have applied, if a hiring manager is interested in interviewing you they will reach out to you to set up an interview.
4th Step - Hiring and Paperwork - If you are hired, the hiring manager will notify Human Resources, and then it becomes your responsibility to complete the new hire student paperwork. Paperwork must be done BEFORE you can begin working. This is very important! Paperwork can be picked up on the bookshelf across from Macmillan 221 and dropped off during posted HR “WALK-IN” Hours or by emailing Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a different pick up/drop off time.
- One of the forms that you have to fill out is a federal form called the I-9 form which is used to verify your employment eligibility in the US and requires SPECIFIC original documentation be looked at in-person – PDFs, photos, and copies are not allowed.
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE PROPER IDENTIFICATION PHYSICALLY HERE WITH YOU AT COLLEGE - THEN YOU NEED TO START WORKING ON GETTING THAT IDENTIFICATION HERE!!
Tips for all students:
- Apply for as many jobs as you like.
- If you are returning to the same position you had last year, YOU DO NOT NEED TO RE-APPLY.
- Be patient!! Much of the hiring process does not take place until late August when everyone is back on campus.
- If you plan to change jobs from last year, please let your former supervisor know.
RETURNING STUDENTS - If returning to a previous job or hired for a different position you will receive an email confirmation stating you are reactivated in APD and specific instructions IF additional information is required.
HUMAN RESOURCES WALK-IN OFFICE HOURS - MACMILLAN 221
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 1:00pm - 3:00pm
OR Contact Human Resources @ email@example.com for appointment
Jessica Kolodzie, Director of Human Resources