Blue Light Emergency Phones are located throughout the Wells College campus to enhance the level of services Campus Safety provides to the Wells campus community. Blue Light Phones may be used by students, faculty, staff, and visitors to report criminal activity or suspicious incident, report medical emergencies, to request an escort, or to request any other kind of assistance or information.
Blue light phones are located in the following areas on campus:
- AA House (Phone #7) - South door
- Barler Hall (Phone #6) - South side of building
- Boathouse (Phone #16) - Outside building entrance
- Leach House (Phone #9) - Parking Lot - Upper Lot
- Macmillan Hall (Phone #1) - Rear of building
- Morgan Hall (Phone #5) - South door
- Schwartz Athletic Center/Student Union (Phone #8) - Front entrance
- Smith Hall/Sommer Center (Phone # 4) - North side of building
- Woods Parking Lot (Phone #2) - Lower lot
- Zabriskie Hall (Phone #3) - South side of building
To make a call from any Blue Light Phone, simply open the cover of the phone box and push the RED call button. You will immediately be connected directly to an on-duty Wells Campus Safety Officer. Tell the officer what box number you are at and what the problem is or what assistance you need.
The Blue Light Phones cannot be used to call 911 or other outside numbers.
There is also a phone box located outside the front door of the Campus Safety Office that may be used to call the on-duty campus safety officer if the office is locked. To use this phone, open the box, push the call button and dial 3229. Once you are connected with the officer on-duty, tell them you are at Box #10, and what the problem is or what assistance you need.
A map showing the locations of the Blue Light Phones is available in the Campus Safety Policies and Preocedures Handouts Section.