The Major Exploration feature (formerly the Major Exploration and What If Scenarios feature) uses some of the screens from the My Course Needs feature to provide students with information on what is required to complete the selected program. Also, a parent or other person with appropriate permissions granted by a student may also use this feature.
The screen displays details of the Course Requirements needed for the scenario.
· Req: This column displays the Requirement Code of the requirement.
· Description: This column shows the long description for the requirement.
· Status: This column shows whether the requirement is Met () or Not Met ().
· Course/Course Title: For courses that have been taken and successfully complete the requirement, these columns display the course code and course title. If the requirement has not been met, it displays a link to the Course Schedules portlet for all courses that meet the requirement.
· Hours Needed: This column displays the total number of hours needed for the requirement.
· Hours Earned: If hours contributing to the requirement have been earned, this column displays those hours.
· Grade Needed: If a specific grade is needed to meet the requirement, it will be displayed in this column.
· Grade Earned: This column displays the grade earned in the class that meets the requirement.